The objective of the Fund is to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in equity (and equity equivalent) securities of individual companies, as well as exchange trade funds (“ETFs”), listed on securities exchanges in North America.
|Series||Closing price*||$ daily change||% daily change|
* As of December 12, 2018. Note: Calculated and posted by Qwest Investment Fund Management Ltd.
|Series||Inception date||12-Mth Dist’n Yield**||6 Month||1 Year||2 Year||2018 Ytd||2017 Year||Since Inception||Standard Deviation||Active Share***|
*As of Nov. 30, 2018.
DISCOVERING GREAT INVESTORS™
AlphaDelta believes people are drawn to simplicity. Discovering Great Investors is simple but not easy. There are many Investors, few are great. We Discover Great Investors who, over the long-term, stick to their guns and generate above-average returns in an ever-changing world. The portfolios they manage are straightforward, simple and back to basics. Professionally referred to as Portfolio Managers, Investment Managers or Fund Managers, we call our investment affiliates —
AlphaDelta Tactical Growth Class Fund
- Seeking long-term capital growth;
- not concerned with short term price fluctuations; and
- willing to accept medium risk
The AlphaDelta Tactical Growth Fund is a non-traditional investment vehicle that seeks to generate long term captal growth in excess of the major North American equity indexes. The Fund invests in companies that possess strong earnings momentum, earnings revision and relative price strength.
The Fund is tactical in nature and may at times be materially over or underweight certain sectors of the market. The Fund utilizes a technical sell discipline to manage downside risk and may completely exit the equities in favor of investment in less correlated asset classes such as cash, bonds, or precious metals.
- The Fund provides exposure to companies with superior earnings performance in strongly trending sectors of the market.
- The Fund employs a hardwired sell discipline and has the flexibility to completely exit the equity market during extended periods of stress.
- The Fund’s investment process is responsive to quickly changing market conditions. We do not use leverage, short securities, or invest in illiquid securities.
AVENTINE MANAGEMENT GROUP
BARRY HIROWATARI CIM, FCSI
An independent, partner-owned investment firm with a focus on capital preservation and long term growth managing two equity-oriented investment funds. The investment approach we employ is active, concentrated and very mindful of downside risk. Our objective is to deliver consistently positive returns with relatively low volatility.
Focus on market leading sectors
- The security selection process requires that new positions taken in the Fund come from top
performing sectors of the market.
Strict sell discipline
- The sell discipline is hard wired, emotionless and based on a combination of technical factors. We tend to average up our positions and not average down.
Reduced downside exposure
- Option overlays are used to reduce crash risk.
WHAT DOES THE FUND INVEST IN?
The objective of the Fund is to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in equity (and equity equivalent) securities of individual companies, as well as exchange trade funds (“ETFs”), listed on securities exchanges in North America. In addition the Fund may, on occasion, partially or completely exit individual equities, and the stock market in general, in favour of cash and/or short-term money market securities. When fully invested in individual company equities, the portfolio advisor expects to generally hold securities of between 15 and 30 issuers. The tactical and technical nature of some of the strategies implemented by the portfolio advisor may result in the Fund undergoing relatively quick shifts in industry and sector allocations, as well as overall asset allocation into and out of equities.
1 The Series F funds are intended for Dealer Fee Based Account Investors only
2 The Series I funds are intended for Institutional and other High-Net Worth Investors only
** FE = Front End NL = No Load (also used for Fee Based class funds)
1. Qwest Investment Fund Management Ltd. is registered as a portfolio manager and investment fund manager and is the Manager of the Fund.
2. The rate of return is used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and is not intended to reflect future values of the investment fund or returns on investment in the investment fund. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all [dividends or distributions] and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past disclose that management fees and operating expenses are paid by the mutual fund; Dividends or distributions by the investment fund are reinvested in the investment fund at the net asset value per security of the investment fund on the reinvestment dates during the performance measurement period.
** The “12-Mth Dist’n Yield” is the sum of the trailing 12 months of distributions paid to the shareholders of each series of the fund divided by the most recent net asset value per share (“NAVPS”) of the series of the fund.
*** Active share is measured using the each fund’s equity holdings against the fund’s equity benchmark as at the date of this table. The active share calculation ignores cash within each fund’s portfolio. Tracking error, also know as active risk, is the annualized standard deviation of the differences between the monthly return of the fund versus the month return of the benchmark. The AlphaDelta Growth of Dividend Income Class Fund’s benchmark is MSCI All Country World Index (Total Return), the AlphaDelta Canadian Prosperity Class Fund’s benchmark is the S&P/TSX SmallCap Index and the AlphaDelta Tactical Growth Class Fund’s benchmark is 50% the Russell 1000 Index (converted to Canadian dollars) plus 50% the S&P/TSX Composite Index.
The contents of this document are intended for information purposes only and should be not be considered as an advertisement or offer to sell, or solicitation to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. Commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the simplified prospectus before investing. Mutual Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained herein is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, no guarantee, either expressed or implied, is made that the information in this document is accurate, complete or up-to-date. The contents of this document are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide financial, legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Investors should consult with their financial advisor prior to investing.