AlphaDelta Funds > Canadian Growth of Dividend Income Class Fund

Canadian Growth of Dividend Income Class Fund

The AlphaDelta Canadian Growth of Dividend Income Class Fund invests primarily in Canadian dividend-paying common equity shares that are expected to grow their dividends in the future.

Investment Objectives

The Fund’s objectives aim to achieve:

  • Long-term appreciation of capital
  • Consistent and above-average current distribution yield
  • Meaningful growth in absolute level of distributions through time
SeriesInception date12-Mth Dist’n Yield**6 Month1 Year2 Year2020 Ytd2019 YearSince InceptionStandard DeviationActive Share***

*As of May 31, 2020

The returns shown above are annualized compound returns, calculated on a money weighted basis, net of all fund-level fees and expenses.  The returns assume a reinvestment of all fund distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes.  These historic returns are provided for general information purposes only and may not be indicative of the future returns.

Investment Strategy

The Fund manager believes long-term capital appreciation is a consequence of focusing on attractive “growth of dividend

Ensuring an above average distribution yield
The Fund will always hold a diversified portfolio of relatively high-yielding, high-quality, large capitalization, Canadian, dividend paying common equities. We then implement a conservative options writing program around the equity positions to further increase the current income yield.

Holding high-quality, global, dividend-paying equities
Our dividend focus will generate an income stream for the Fund and its investors. In the coming years, growing income – not fixed income – is the only means of maintaining purchasing power.

90 percent in Canadian equities
The Fund will invest 90% in Canadian equities. The other 10% of holdings overlap with the manager’s Growth of Dividend Income Class Fund.

Investor Suitability

Suitable for investors:

  • Seeking dividend income and long-term capital growth
  • Not concerned with short-term price fluctuations
  • Planning to hold their investments for the long term
  • Willing to accept a medium level of risk

Portfolio Manager



Dr. John Schmitz has been professionally managing global equity and equity derivative investment portfolios for almost 20 years, and prior to that he acted as a consultant to investment firms and funds.Dr. Schmitz’s expertise is the portfolio management of global equities and global equity derivatives using both highly sophisticated quantitative models as well as traditional fundamental methods. Currently, Dr. Schmitz’s professional focus is on his firm’s global common equity, growth of dividends, investment strategy which is often implemented with an options writing income generating overlay.Dr. Schmitz holds a BESc (Mechanical Engineering), a BA (Economics) and a DHS (Honors Economics) from the University of Western Ontario, a MA (Economics) from the University of Toronto, and a PhD (Finance) from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. He also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.

Fund Characteristics

Fund SeriesFundServ CodesMgmt FeeTrailer FeeCurrent Admin Fee – Fee CapProjected Approx. MER w/ Current CapMinimum Initial InvestmentMinimum Additional InvestmentCIFSC Strategy Category (Risk Rating)
Series AQWE 4411.70%1.00%0.42%2.12%$1,000$100Canadian Dividend and Income Equity (Medium)
Series FQWE 4420.70%0.42%1.12%$1,000$100
Series GQWE 4440.35%0.42%0.77%$25,000$100
Series HQWE 4451.35%1.00%0.42%1.77%$25,000$100


The contents of this document are intended for information purposes only and should be not be considered as an advertisement or offer to sell, or solicitation to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. Commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the simplified prospectus before investing. Mutual Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.

Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained herein is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, no guarantee, either expressed or implied, is made that the information in this document is accurate, complete or up-to-date. The contents of this document are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide financial, legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Investors should consult with their financial advisor prior to investing.


CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.